The other day I was attending an event for Breast Cancer month with The Moms (one of the founders, Denise Albert is fighting the battle as we speak), and I ran into Shari Brooks. She started telling me about this amazing little campaign she started that’s gotten rather big, and I felt compelled to jump on the bandwagon. In honor of tragically losing her mother to breast cancer, she started the blog My Judy the Foodie, which then phased into the Bake It Happen Campaign – an incredibly easy way to donate to breast cancer research through the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation and Warriors in Pink.
Having lost two aunts myself to breast cancer, and being a mom, it’s an illness that hits too close to home. Being that my gram taught us all how to bake on the farm, it only seemed right that I would bake to help raise awareness, and fund for the cure. Here’s how you can tooL
Here’s how easy it is:
- Sign up at www.bakeithappen.net
- Make one of the three recipes (see our delicious black bottom cupcakes – omg!)
- Tag the photos on social media using the hashtag #bakeithappen and an anonymous donor will donate $5 for every photo.
- You get to bake, share the delicious love with someone, and raise money for breast cancer research. It’s a win-win for everyone (except your waistline!)
- Make sure you upload photos by the end of October, and you could also win an iPad and 100 cupcakes from Baked By Melissa!
Keep doing good out there! xoxo