Listen – you all KNOW I am totally not creative. Seriously, I can cook, I can play football with the boys, and I love to explore the city (and the world) with Maximo – but throwing a party, costumes, decorations and beyond throw me into a tailspin. Someone bring the Xanex.
And I hate Halloween. Really. I do. Because I have to come UP with these awful Halloween costume ideas – now not just for me, BUT for Maximo as well. And I mean – how slutty/civilized can you be? It’s too much fucking work – ain’t nobody got time for that.
Well this year it bit me in the ass.
Usually I am super organized and productive – but seriously I always put off Halloween. And then Max didn’t have a costume. Target only had older kids and or nothing left. It was too late to order off Etsy, and Pinterest wasn’t doing me any good. I wasn’t about to sew him a homemade Olaf costume from Frozen. F THAT.
I was a few minutes away from cutting two holes in a white pillow sheet and calling him Casper when I saw a Chicken costume online. Thank god I snapped a pic because I can’t find that link now to save my life – so to where created it – THANK YOU. Here’s how an un-creative mom made the parade-winning costume this year:
What you need:
– One pair of white or yellow tights. Check the, ahem, little girls, section.
– Two packs of yellow gloves (they come in packs of 4, and i say get two because you’ll go through them!)
– One white/black boa (we found ours at Party City, BUT! call them first – not all locations carry them)
– one long white tee-shirt
– yellow hat from the $1 section at Target. I have to admit, Karen from appletotsinthehudsonvalley.com saved my life on this one – she found it and said it woul d be perfect – it was! Sour your $1 store to see what plastic hats you can find).
– red construction paper
– and don’t forget tape and staples! I almost didn’t have staples the day of to make it, which would have been a HUGE FAIL had my neighbor not come to the rescue!
The best costume on the block people! You’re welcome: