It’s kind of funny that I follow up my blog on minding your sugar with a sweet treat recipe – BUT if you look – it’s all NATURAL sugars 🙂 no added sugar at ALL! 🙂 Just an nice easy pie recipe.
I think the best recipes always come from cleaning out your fridge. You have all these left over ingredients and don’t know what do to with them, but you definitely don’t want to throw them away. And the best time to get creative? Right before I go on a vacation – and end up cooking a feast the day before I leave.WARNING: NEVER GOOD FOR THE BIKINI. So try to limit yourself to ONLY ONE meal or dish.
I had made my famous homemade chicken pie and had some leftover dough. I ALWAYS save the scraps – you can create some really tasty little treats with it. Then I saw I had bought brie to use in cinnamon sugar tortillas, but Claudio had ate them all. haha. so I thought – ok let’s make little mini brie pies with the leftover dough instead! My aunt and gram will read this recipe and be proud – ALMOST just like we used to make them on the farm back when I was little – only these like me back then, are miniature sized.
Easy Pie Recipes: Brie and Peach Pies with Honey and Almonds
1. Roll-out the pieces of dough into little circles about the size of a doughnut. Place them directly into your cupcake pans. (Push them into to create a nice pie/dish for the contents.
2. Add a quarter-size piece of brie. Enough to fill the bottom.
3. Add your fruit and toppings. This time I used peaches, honey and almonds, but use whatever fruit is in season! Strawberries, blueberries – bananas and Nutella (Maximo’s favorite!) – the ideas are endless!
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Or until the brie is melted and the crust has browned.
5. Cool for a few minutes so you don’t burn your mouth, but serve immediately to enjoy while the brie is still melted.
YUM – A LICIOUS. and easy peasy. Easy pie recipes at your service.