Last week we logged over 30 hours in a car. And we don’t even own one – yet. With the amount of road trips we take, it makes me wonder if purchasing a vehicle, even though we live in NYC, might be on the list for 2017. You have to look at it from both angles. People in Pittsburgh are saying how the heck do you get around without owning a car? And my New Yorker friends are saying are you crazy to try and buy one and park it in this city?! Between the amount of Ubers and cabs I take (and getting gutted with surge pricing), I have been contemplating owning my own vehicle again, and being a former SUV/Hummer owner, I will need something more than a teenie tiny little car to putt putt around the city.
For the family, with love
Since I used to work in the automotive industry, I am a little particular on knowing the details of vehicles. They say us women are intimidated to buy them because we don’t really know what’s going on and what to ask for – but a lot of companies like Chrysler have made buying a lot easier and give way more insight into what you will get in a vehicle besides a vanity mirror.
The All-New Chrysler Pacifica is the Ultimate Tool for the Modern Family. The Pacifica provides unparalleled versatility, innovative entertainment and technology features, and unsurpassed safety features – attributes valued by families to meet the demand of their chaotic and active lifestyles. Here are 20 reasons you want to test drive one today:
1. The quietest vehicle in its class (think sleeping babies!)
2. Stow n’ Go seating (so you can throw in that large impulse buy from Target!)
3. Stow n’ Vac (this integrated vacuum reaches every corner of the van!)
4. Lift Gate (need we say more?)
5. uConnect Theater System with two 10” touch-screens that provide integrated kids game apps, an ‘Are We There Yet’ trip tracker, wireless streaming, HDMI, Bluetooth, USB and Blu-Ray connectivity.
6. 8 Passenger Seating (who’s coming with us???)
7. Hybrid & MPG Efficiency (it’s the world’s first and only Hybrid Minivan with 80 MPG – that’s basically getting us to Pittsburgh on one tank!)
8. Stow Assist
9. Tri-Pane Panoramic Sunroof (nighttime star gazing anyone?)
10. Hands Free Sliding Doors (oh baby – you get this)
11. Handsfree ‘Just Swipe Your Foot’ lift gate (again – it’s the little things!)
12. Easy Tilt Seats for 3rd row access (aren’t you tired of climbing all the way back there to let the kids in and out? Let them do it themselves!)
13. Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop (no more foot cramps)
14. 360 Surround View Camera (just how close can you get in that street spot on Fifth Ave?)
15. Parallel, Perpendicular & Rear Park Assist (a driver’s dream in NYC!)
16. Blind Spot Warning with Rear Cross Path Detection (for those pesky yellow cabs)
17. Forward Collision Warning with Brake Assist (again – we’re talking NYC driving here people)
18. Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist (no more fender benders)
19. 20” wheels (they see me ridin’….)
20. Rotary Style E-Shift The Test Drive Experience
Win a field trip – the new test drive.
Look I get it, going to the dealership is not the highlight of everyone’s day (especially with kids!). And when it comes to test drives, who really has the time for that anyway? (The last test drive I did I took my Hummer off roading before I bought it. The salesmen almost had a heart attack. True story.) So – why not make your test drive a field trip? Pacifikids will actually GIVE you a vehicle to test out for an entire week, but, in order to go on a field trip, you need a permission slip! Anyone can fill it out here , where submitting it is easy as 1-2-3.
The Pacifikids will read every submission and choose their favorite ideas and three lucky families will win their field trip experience with the All-New Chrysler PacificaExperience – The New Test Drive. So what are you waiting for?
Also, visit back from November 12-18 to watch winner (maybe it will be you!) and vote for your favorite Pacifikids field trip and you’ll be entered for a chance to win a free Pacifica! Did someone seriously say FREE VEHICLE? What do you have to lose??
This blog post was sponsored by FCA US, LLC but the opinions are completely my own based on my experience, and because I love automobiles and when they are family-friendly. Don’t you?