I partnered with Scholastic to share this giveaway.
School. That’s one “S” I never missed once I graduated high school, and now it’s back in my face and seems so soon. Max is graduating from Pre-K in a few weeks and the official begin of kindergarten is closing in. When did this all happen?
Having school-aged children changes everything.
On one side it’s great because they have “free babysitting” and you stick to a schedule. On the other hand, you can’t just pick up and travel when you want to, there are bake sales, PTAs and fundraising. UGH.
So – now the other “S” is approaching – SUMMER. It sounds great on paper – hot weather, beach, our pool is open… sleeping in. But that will last about a week, let’s be honest. So why not throw some fun, educational workbooks into that road trip bag? Luckily, Max is into school – for some reason my son finds numbers and counting fascinating (how long will this last?) So I decided to partner with Scholastic for their #ScholasticSummerExpress – to giveaway a fun prize pack to help keep the kids occupied over those long summer days. That’s right. When they cry cause they are bored – I will say – “GREAT! Here is a load of laundry you can fold”, followed by, “here is a great workbook to help you prep for kindergarten!”
Sounds like a mean mom? No – it’s a smart mom! And you can join me:
Join the #ScholasticSummerExpress Movement – Enter Here!
One (1) winner receives:
- Complete set of 6 Summer Express workbooks;
- Collection of 5 Scholastic books to engage ages 4 – 12! The Scholastic books included in the prize pack are:
- Ice Cream Summer by Peter Sís
- Little Red’s Riding Hood by Peter Stein and Chris Gall
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Rules of Summer by Shaun Tan
- A Pet for Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold
**Giveaway open to US addresses only. Prizing and samples provided by Scholastic.
Don’t want to chance it? Order on Amazon here:
- Between Grades PreK & K
- Between Grades K & 1
- Between Grades 1 & 2
- Between Grades 2 & 3
- Between Grades 3 & 4
- Between Grades 4 & 5
About the Workbooks
From the award-winning editors of Weekly Reader comes this collection of colorful, fun-filled activity pages designed to reinforce academic skills and knowledge through engaging activities. Targeted to specific grade levels, each book will help prevent summer learning loss with age-appropriate activities that meet today’s higher education standards. With more than 100 curriculum-based activities targeting vocabulary, grammar, writing, reading, and math, these books will help give children a head start in the coming school year.
- Curriculum-based pages help reinforce vocabulary, grammar, writing, reading, math skills, and more
- Helps prevent summer learning loss and prepares students for the coming school year
- 100 activity pages arranged in a progressive, 10-week format
- Suggestions for quick and easy activities to enhance learning and fun
- Colorful stickers for completing each activity
- Includes a weekly incentive chart and certificate